1.20.2005

How Many Departments Can One Employee Cover?

I was hired for the Automotive Department. At Wal-Mart, when someone leaves, it takes a while for them to replace that employee. When you ask Management why they have not found anyone for that position, they tell you that the applicants they have had didn't meet the standards they were looking for.

So, there were nights, when I was not just the Automotive Man, I was all of the following: Automotive Man, Toy Man, Hardware Man, Sporting Goods Man and also Lawn & Garden Man. There is only so much that one employee can do, but since Management isn't going to do any of it, they want you to take care of it. And if you don't get your work done in your department, they wonder why?

I guess that's enough Wal-Mart bashing for now. I will have to try to remember some of the other great times I spent at "The Mart of Walls"!

~Rob

No comments: